The SGA Scholarship
Please fill out and turn in the completed packet by the updated deadline of Thursday, March 31, 2016 before 5:00p.m to an Involvement Specialist in CAIC.
The UNCW Student Government Association is proud to announce the eleventh annual Student Government Association Student Organization Scholarship. This honor will be awarded to a student organization leader who exemplifies academic excellence and strong leadership skills within his/her organization. This award consists of two scholarships as follows:
- The first recipient will receive a $500 scholarship towards the fall 2016 tuition and a $500 textbook scholarship through the UNCW Bookstore for the purchase of books during the fall 2016 semester.
- The second recipient will receive a $250 textbook scholarship through the UNCW Bookstore for the purchase of books during the fall 2016 semester.
We believe that our student organizations add an undeniable value to our campus community; furthermore, the student leaders of these organizations deserve to be recognized for their efforts and commitment to this university.
If there are any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Government Association Scholarship Criteria
- Have completed one full semester at UNCW at the time of the application.
- Be a full time, undergraduate or graduate, UNCW student.
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Be in good judicial standing with UNCW.
- Be a member of at least one registered UNCW student organization.
- Be an active member in his/her organization.
- Submit the Application Form and Recommendation Form along with the answers to the questions noted on each form by the submission deadline. Preferably, the recommender should hold a position within the organization (i.e. student officer or faculty/staff advisor).
- Be returning as a student in the upcoming fall semester.
Note: An organization may nominate more than one active member from their organization. A student may also submit a self-nomination by turning in the packet. Each nominee may have more than one Recommendation Form from other organizations in which they hold active membership.
- 2015 - Randy Luna - Centro Hispano Embajadores & Liz McQueen - Sigma Sigma Sigma
- 2014- Kaitlyn Russell - Her Campus UNCW
- 2013 Beau Brihante - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2013 Caitlin Gallagher - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2012 Lauren Kipp - Honors Scholars Association
- 2011 Megan Mackie - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2010 Katie Foley - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2009 Melissa Salvatore - Amnesty International
- 2008 Marie Mimiaga - Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- 2007 Scott Busiel - Residence Hall Association (RHA)