The SGA Scholarship
The UNCW Student Government Association is proud to announce the seventh annual Student Government Association Student Organization Scholarship. This honor will be awarded to a student organization leader who exemplifies academic excellence and strong leadership skills within his/her organization. This award consists of two $500 scholarships and will be included in the annual Student Organization Leadership Awards. However, the same student cannot win both scholarships. We believe that our student organizations add an undeniable value to our campus community; furthermore, the student leaders of these organizations deserve to be recognized for their efforts and commitment to this university.
If there are any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Student Government Association Scholarship Criteria
- Have completed one full semester at UNCW at the time of the application.
- Be a full time, undergraduate or graduate, UNCW student.
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Be in good judicial standing with UNCW.
- Be a member of at least one registered UNCW student organization.
- Be an active member in his/her organization.
- Submit the Application Form and Recommendation Form along with the answers to the questions noted on each form by the submission deadline. Preferably, the recommender should hold a position within the organization (i.e. student officer or faculty/staff advisor).
- Be returning as a student in the upcoming fall semester.
Note: An organization may nominate more than one active member from their organization. A student may also submit a self-nomination by turning in the packet. Each nominee may have more than one Recommendation Form from other organizations in which they hold active membership.
- 2013 Beau Brihante - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2013 Caitlin Gallagher - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2012 Lauren Kipp - Honors Scholars Association
- 2011 Megan Mackie - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2010 Katie Foley - Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE)
- 2009 Melissa Salvatore - Amnesty International
- 2008 Marie Mimiaga - Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- 2007 Scott Busiel - Residence Hall Association (RHA)