Welcome to the Funding Information Page
Last updated: July 10, 2013
We want to welcome your Registered Student Organization to the world of spending in student government. Thank you in advance for taking the time to learn about Student Government Association (SGA) funds.
This guide will help your Registered Student Organization spend the funds in your account according to university and SGA policies and procedures. The information in this guide will help you when questions arise regarding the use of your organization’s money. This document may be updated at any time. Please note the "last updated" notice on the page.
Please direct any comments, questions, and suggestions to the SGA Office (Room 2029 in the Fisher Student Center).
Section 1 - General Information and Forms
- Appropriations Committee
- Copier Use in Involvement Center
- Copies & Printing
- Expenditure Request Form - must be completed electronically and signed with ink or digital signatures
- Signature Authorization
- Signature Authorization Form - must be completed electronically and signed with ink or digital signatures
- Tax Exempt Status
- Tax Identification Number
Section 2 - Funding Information and Forms
Please note that these forms are digital documents that should be filled out electronically with Adobe Reader. Do not fill the forms out by hand. Only typed forms will be accepted. If you encounter any problems using the forms, you must update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free download here. After filling forms out, please PRINT a copy, and submit it to the Involvement Specialist in the CAIC.
- Budget Modifications
- Capital Expenditure (CapEx)
- Early Hawk Funding - These requests are for any event that takes place when SGA is not in session.
- Operational Budgets
- Special Activities Funding (SAF)
- All requests for funding must be submitted by student organization members as they must be the individuals responsible for the planning and implementation of the event. Requests submitted by faculy/staff will not be accepted.
- Program Request Form - The Program request Form must be submitted and time stamped by an Involvement Specialist in CAIC at least 8 weeks before the SGA Senate votes about a program involving a contract. If the program does NOT involve a contract the form needs to be time stamped at least 4 weeks prior to when the SGA Senate votes.***Contracts include but are not limited to speaker contracts, performance contracts and any contract involving an outside party.
- Travel Request Form - The Travel Request Form must be submitted and time stamped by an Involvement Specialist in CAIC at least 4 weeks before the actual start date of the requested travel as well the actual SGA meeting at which the allocation recommendation submitted by the SGA Appropriations Council about that travel request will be decided. In some cases, an organization should allow for additional time when submitting requests.
Section 3 - Deposits and Spending Your Funds
- Common Transactions
- Funds - Allocated
- Funds - Revenue