Welcome to the Funding Information Page
last updated: February 3, 2016
We want to welcome your Registered Student Organization to request funding. Thank you in advance for taking the time to learn about Student Government Association (SGA) funds.
This guide will help your Registered Student Organization spend the funds in your account according to university and SGA policies and procedures. All funds for the academic year are available until the budget runs out. The information in this guide will help you when questions arise regarding the use of your organization’s money. This document may be updated at any time. Please note the "last updated" notice on the page.
Please direct any comments, questions, and suggestions to the SGA Office (Room 2029 in the Fisher Student Center) or the SGA Treasurer, Jane Chiffriller at <email@example.com>
The SGA Appropriations Committee meets to review proposals on Thursdays from 5:30 pm - 8:30pm in the Fisher Student Center. All SAF proposals turned into an Involvement Specialist in the CAIC Office on Tuesdays by 5:00 p.m. will be reviewed that Thursday and voted on by the SGA Senate the following Tuesday.
Section 1 - General Information and Forms
- SGA Funding Statutes
- Appropriations Committee
- Copier Use in Involvement Center
- Copies & Printing
- Expenditure Request Form - must be completed electronically and signed with ink or digital signatures
- Signature Authorization
- Signature Authorization Form - must be completed electronically and signed with ink or digital signatures
- Tax Exempt Status
- Tax Identification Number
Section 2 - Funding Information and Forms
Please note that these forms are digital documents that should be filled out electronically with Adobe Reader. Do not fill the forms out by hand. Only typed forms will be accepted. If you encounter any problems using the forms, you must update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free download here. After filling forms out, please PRINT a copy, and submit it to the Involvement Specialist in the CAIC.
- Budget Modifications
- For budget modification needs, please email the SGA Treasurer, Jane Chiffriller.
- Capital Expenditure (CapEx) Click here for policies and procedures of CapEx.
- Capital Expenditure Request Form- Capital Expenditure is open from February 2 until February 23, 2016.
- Early Hawk Funding - These requests are for any event that takes place when SGA is not in session.
- Early Hawk Request Form for Programs (coming Spring 2016) - Forms are due to an Involvement Specialist in CAIC by Tuesday, March 22, 2016 before 5:00p.m. Requests submitted by faculty/staff will not be accepted. Programming for Early Hawk funding will be for on-campus programs between August 17 through October 31, 2016.
- Early Hawk Request Form for Travel (coming Spring 2016) - Forms are due to to an Involvement Specialist in CAIC by Tuesday, March 22, 2016 before 5:00p.m. Requests submitted by faculty/staff will not be accepted. Travel for Early Hawk funding will be for a departure date of July 1, 2016 through October 9, 2016.
- Operational Budgets Click here for policies and procedures regarding Operational Budgets
- Operational Budget Form These requests are for the 2016-2017 academic year. Forms can be turned between February 2 through March 15, 2016. Registered Student Organizations submitting a request must have completed 4 budget points by attending leadership workshops. Log in to SeaOrg to find out about your organization's budget points or stop into CAIC and ask an Involvement Specialist for directions. All budget points must be completed by February 29, 2016.
- Special Activities Funding (SAF)
- All requests for funding must be submitted by student organization members as they must be the individuals responsible for the planning and implementation of the event. Requests submitted by faculty/staff will not be accepted.
- 2015-2016 Program Request Form The Program Request Form must be submitted and time stamped by an Involvement Specialist in CAIC by Tuesday at 5:00p.m. to be reviewed by the Appropriations Committee. The Program Request Form will be voted on the following Tuesday by the SGA Senate. The form must be turned in at least 8 weeks before the SGA Senate votes which also means the Request Form must be turned in 9 weeks prior to the event date for a program involving a contract. If the program does NOT involve a contract, the form needs to be time stamped at least 4 weeks prior to when the SGA Senate votes and turned in to an Involvement Specialist 5 weeks before the event date.***Contracts include, but are not limited to speaker contracts, performance contracts and any contract involving an outside party.
- Travel Request Form Travel for the 2015-2016 academic year is no longer available. The Travel Request Form must be submitted and time stamped by an Involvement Specialist in CAIC by Tuesday at 5:00p.m. each week to be reviewed by the Appropriations Committee that Thursday. The Travel Request Form will be voted on the following Tuesday, one week after the form was turned into the Involvement Specialist, by the SGA Senate. The form needs to be time stamped at least 4 weeks prior to when the SGA Senate votes and turned in to an Involvement Specialist at least 5 weeks before the departure date.
- In some cases, an organization should allow for additional time when submitting requests.
Section 3 - Deposits and Spending Your Funds
- Common Transactions
- Funds - Allocated
- Funds - Revenue